Sunday, May 4, 2008

Friday's

The Brickroad, Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall, Cainta
682-7047

Dare of Visit: Feb. 11, 2008

I must say that the quality of their food over the years has gone down. Yet food price here keeps going up, up, up. A plate can cost you anywhere from Php300-Php700, and that doesn’t include the drinks yet. We used to marvel at the sight of their hamburgers but when my kid ordered their hamburger last month during my birthday, I was not impressed at all. Their patty and bun have shrunk over the years! They must do something fast or they will lose their loyal customers.

I had the same opinion about the chops we ordered… a bit smaller than what we used to have and if my math served me right, we paid more than Php600 for it. Golly, wow! The only time you will not feel the pinch of spending too much for their food is when you avail of their promos, which was not offered to us, like their Take 2 for P395 only promo wherein you can choose one appetizer and one main entrĂ©e for only Php395 and Free Dessert Vouchers, etc. I just found out that they had such promo offerings when we already paid for our meals.

Well, I still enjoyed my birthday meal only because of the nostalgic feeling I had upon leaving the place (we used to frequent this place before when we still had our Friday’s-discount card) plus the ice cream treat they gave (complete with a candle) while the waiters and waitresses were singing to me their signature “Happy Birthday Song” ala Fridays- style.

No comments: