Friday, August 26, 2011

My 3 fave spots in the Philippines

Because of the many priceless moments that have been created during our visits to these spots, these 3 places have become so special to my family and me.

Boracay

I couldn’t help but be awed by the beauty of this island. This place never fails to awaken the inner child in me.

The beach is spectacular. I enjoy lounging on the beach chairs and just gaze at the vastness of the skies and the ocean while our kids would busy themselves building their masterpiece sandcastles.

The last time we were here, my toddler had a time of her life walking barefoot and feeling the powder-like sands on her feet.

Boracay is for everybody. It is a paradise on earth.

Pagudpud

It is like an oasis at the end of a very, very long ride. The journey to this oasis is already an experience on its own because you get to bond with your family during your exciting road trip while enjoying the many beautiful sights along the way. It’s a long drive but well worth it.

Traveling to Pagudpud gives life to the famous quote that says, “It’s the journey, not the destination that counts.”

We surely enjoyed the destination as much our journey to that destination. The road may be too long but in the end... the journey is the destination.

Subic

What I love about Subic is the fact that you can have a feeling of “out-of-town vacation” without being really so far away from home because it’s just a two-hour (or less drive) from Manila.

The beaches in Subic may not be that inviting compared to other beaches. Nevertheless, our kids still enjoy playing and building sandcastles on their beach. And when they're not building their sandcastles, they're busy flying a kite.

In Subic, we love to stay at the Lighthouse Marina Resort. This is like our home away from home when we’re in Subic. Seeing a lighthouse up-close is such a surreal experience.

Note: This is my official entry to Let's Go Sago 3rd Anniversary contest.



2 comments:

Urban Pinay said...

Would love to go to Pagudpud. I am planning to take the Vigan Heritage tour then go there. Hopefully, when my budget permits. Good luck on your entry!

divine_viva said...

Urban Pinay,
It's a must-see to visit Vigan on the wayb to Pagudpud. I fell in love with Vigan, too. Pagudpud is a very serene beach, still unpopulated. If you want some peace and quiet, Pagudpud is where you should go.