Saturday, October 1, 2011

Getting Cross-Eyed at the Sunday Family CrossOver Brunch

Where do I start? Hmmm...

Basix

I didn't know where to start. But since we had reserved seats in Basix, I started there. I got food for Noelle first and then Nala next. When they were finished, hubby took them to our hotel room where Nisi was waiting for them (Nisi was the one who took the complimentary breakfast buffet with my hubby). I rushed to the dessert spread and clicked away. They were so pretty to look at.


But I stopped when I saw my favorite shrimps.
Not only was the food overwhelming, I also got overwhelmed with the number of chefs and sous-chefs present.


I had my shrimps and mussels cooked in butter and garlic.
My shrimps were juicy and tasty. I loved it even more when I dipped them into the Japanese mirin.

Hubby got these from UMU --- the beef tenderloin was not just tender but so tender, it ought to be called sotenderloin.

Benjarong
If only I had some space allotted for this in my tummy, I could have finished it. I swear, it was DELICIOUS! I'm talking about Benjarong's famous Pad Thai.

It had a perfect balance of spiciness and sweetness to it. Nothing was overpowering. In fact, the tofu, beans sprouts, scrambled eggs, peanut sauce and shrimps (which I requested), perfectly blended so well that they created a richer flavor and a symphony of tastes for this Pad Thai. The noodles were properly cooked as well.

It was beautifully presented and obviously done professionally. Look at that. The serving was just too big for me. When I finally tasted it, I wanted to rush to the 2nd floor rightaway and ask the chef who made my Pad Thai for an autograph. She is remarkably good in doing what she's doing - Pad Thai. I could call her my Pad Thai Queen.

My Pad Thai Queen

Tosca
I noticed just a few people at the 2nd floor (mezzanine) during the Crossover. In fact, there were just a handful of foreigners (Italians, I presume) seated inside Tosca. I felt nostalgic. I was here just last year at the Tosca kitchen to be exact.

I asked the chef to make me a Penne Pasta in Pesto sauce. Loved this too! It looked so simple to prepare. Right? But I'd just leave the cooking and preparing of pesto to the pro.

When I saw their dessert spread and the ice cream cones, I thought of my kids who I know will love these, especially them -- ice cream.

See...I knew it!
UMU
I was awed when I entered UMU. It was beautiful. The interior was tastefully and artistically done. The ambiance it creates speaks of simplicity and sophistication, yin and yang. Posted on its walls were black wooden tablets with Japanese calligraphy or writings. It is my favorite among the 4 restaurants in Dusit Thani mainly because of its interior and ambiance.


I asked one of the chefs if the lobster is included in the CrossOver Brunch.... Hehe, obviously it's not included. Ano ako swerte??? I just needed to ask that because I love lobsters, too.


Oh yes, I nearly got cross-eyed because of "kabusugan" after our CrossOver experience.


So, that was it -- our last bonding weekend in a hotel before hubby left for Malaysia and I'm glad we spent it at Dusit. We all went home happy, satisfied, relaxed and full....burp!

Ooops...somebody's crying or having tantrums?


No comments: