Saturday, April 24, 2010

A lot like Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl !!

There was this question from an online contest by wmn.ph that I had fun answering and pondering about. The question was, "If you were to compare you and your significant other to partnered cartoon characters (e.g. Fred and Wilma Flintstone, Tom and Jerry, etc.) what would you be and why?”

Here's my winning answer:

If I were to compare myself and my hubby to partnered cartoon characters, without batting an eyelash, he would have to be Mr. Incredible and I would have to be Elastigirl (a.k.a. Bob & Helen Parr).

Elastigirl and I have a lot of things in common, and these are: [being] a loving mother of 3; [being] a dedicated wife; often takes a "supermom" role; and will do everything just to hold our family together. I may not have the the physical ability to extend my limbs, muscles, or entire body to great lengths just like Elastigirl, but emotionally, I have learned to stretch my patience for the longest mile that I could for my family.
Elastigirl is a lot of things to her family: she could turn herself into a parachute, a boat, etc., while I could be a cook, a teacher, a doctor, a performer, and a lot more to my family.

Just like Mr. Incredible, my hubby knows what counts most in life - his family. He knows that his real source of power is our family. He's a tough guy outside, but he has his share of soft spots, too. He's dedicated and committed to his craft and is a responsible father to our children. But what makes him truly a Mr. Incredible is the fact that he considers me as his "greatest adventure".

For being chosen as the winner, I got a 50 ml. limited edition DKNY Be Delicious Fragrance. Here's also the link to that contest where my answer was posted.

Congratulations to divine_viva for winning the DKNY promo!



No comments: