Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Everything I Love

Care to see what's inside the bag of a
working-mom-cum-mother-blogger?

I am a working mother and an occasional mother-blogger (mom who blogs ok).

I maintain a blog because I just realized one day that I love to write. And the topic that I really love to write about is the one that is closest to my heart – my family. I love writing about our food trips, our hotel-hopping adventures, our bonding times with each other, our happy moments together and just anything under the sun that we love doing together. This is the very reason why I bring my camera along with me wherever I go – to capture those magical moments with my family. My pictures of them just make my personal blog more alive and so much more personal.

More than any material things, it's the relationship that I have with my God, family, loved ones, friends, acquaintances, and others that I value the most.

As a mother-blogger (ok, as a mom who blogs), it has become a habit of mine to take pictures of just about everything that fascinates me... and yes, even things that don't make any sense at all. Even when I'm in the office, I do take pictures of my desk, of what food I'm having every lunch time, etc. etc. My digital camera does that job. It has also been a constant companion in some of the events which I am invited to attend.


My love for writing and taking pictures will bring me to the meat of what this blog is all about – my heart’s desire for now, the Blackberry Bold 9780!

You see, I have been longing to own a phone that is not a hand-me-down and minus the screen scratches. And this opportunity of winning a spanking new phone came along. A light-bulb moment if I may say. This isn’t just an ordinary cellphone, but a Blackberry Bold 9780. So, I researched and read and read about its features and found them to be so amazing (I like to have a QWERTY keyboard for a change).


But what makes it even more amazing is that it is equipped with a 5-mega pixel camera that will not only help me capture our family’s best moments but would also help in enhancing the quality of the photos since it comes with features like image stabilization, LED Flash and auto focus. With a 256MB memory which is capable of expanding up to 32GB with the addition of microSD cards, I can take plenty of videos without me worrying of my phone having a "memory overload". Oh how I would love to take lots of videos of my 3 daughters just doing what they love to do. These are memories that I will treasure for the rest of my life. Here I go again, I'm such a melodramatic mama.

Okay, going back to Blackberry -- from what I’ve learned about this phone, I don’t think I will ever have a hard time connecting with friends and family as it boasts of high speed internet experience and one click to access mails and social networking sites. ONE CLICK is all there is to it. I like that. I am so looking forward to having a speedy affair with an internet access! I can happily update my status messages, post photographs and share videos to family and friends, which I cannot do with my present phone.

Lately, my hubby and I have been fond of watching concerts. And one thing that we never, never fail to do when we watch a concert is of course, take lots of photos and videos of the artist/s on stage.

Here is a sample video we took of Justin Bieber's concert (using my digicam).


Here are sample photos we took of John Mayer's, Miley Cyrus' and Kenny Logins' concert (using my digicam again). Take note: We were seated about five rows away from the stage. These shots I posted were already the best among the many photos I took. Most were really blurry photos.

It would be so awesome to have something on hand to take good, quality videos of concerts with, even when we're seated so far away from the stage. It's nice to brag about these awesome experiences once in a while by sending these videos or photos to friends and relatives here and abroad, hahaha!

With a Blackberry Bold 9780, it'll now be a lot easier to keep in touch with family and friends from all over the world. I will take comfort in knowing that I have a reliable phone that can help me "connect" so much easier with all my "ka-relationships". You know, just thinking and writing about what I can do with this phone makes me desire it even more.

Watch this video and you'll know what I mean.




And yes, because of my petite frame, this slim and lightweight phone measuring 109 x 60 x 14mm and weighing just 122g, is perfect for me and can definitely save me enough bag space since I don’t have to bring my digital camera anymore. I believe my present digicam and my cellphone are ready for retirement, anyway. Both have served me long enough :-)

As a busy but happy working mom, I need a phone that can bring more balance into my life in terms of work, personal, family and leisure. I believe, the Blackberry Bold 9780 can help me achieve that perfect balance. Not to mention, my hubby and my kids will love me even more.

I wish that's my hand holding the Blackberry Bold 9780.


No comments: