Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My Style Statement inspired by The Ramp Crossings


I'm one office mom. I work from 8:30 a.m.until 5:30 p.m. everyday in one of the banks in Makati.  In my position as an executive assistant to the president, it's a requirement to look corporate at all times. However, the usual dark blazer and skirt or monotone colored blazer and pants look can get pretty boring.  Oh yes, I do get bored with my look at times. 

I love bright colors. I love yellows, tangerines and the likes. But I don't want to get overboard or look like a corporate clown when I put together a look in the office (I'll leave that look to those twenty-something yuppies who work for a fashion or advertising companies). I still want to look my age when I dress up. I want to look conservative but not "manang-ish".  I want a look that's a little bit flirty but respectable.  Well, I hope you get what I mean.  I want some contradictions in my style.

So, to achieve that style, I incorporate a bright color to a classic corporate look and combine different cloth textures like the one I did below.  I name this style, "Contradictions."
 

 HILL (BLACK)Crystal (LEMON)Gia V skirt (BLACK)

The shoes:
Hill- The allure of a stiletto heel can never be denied as this 3 ½ pumps prove. This pair will complement a balloon type dress or skirt.


The jacket and the inner top:
Crystal Lemon Jacket-  The bright yellow color looks preppy, young and vibrant which fits my personality. 
Inner top-  The black inner top complements the happy colored jacket.  The inner blouse is highlighted by the sexy cuts on the neck area.   

The skirt:
Gia V Skirt- Fleur-de-lis, Holiday 2012’s top trend gives the mini skirt a new spin. Made from lace and layered with tulle, this is a great piece that looks a bit conservative and classic yet sexy because of its texture and length.

"Contradictions" fits my personality so perfectly.

This is my style, put together by pieces from THE RAMP CROSSINGS.



 




No comments: