Friday, December 28, 2012

What's with No. 11?

There's something about the number 11.

I used to not mind it at all, that of seeing "11" constantly.  Until it became more frequent.  Until not a single day passes by without me seeing it less than 4x.  It doesn't creep me out. I'm just trying to find the meaning behind it, if there is any.

My birthday is on February 11.  That's the only significant connection I have with the number.  It's been 2 years now since I've been pondering to write a post about this but it's only now that I have gotten around to doing it.

Even before my husband worked in Malaysia in 2011, I would be seeing this number many times in a day. Our flight to Malaysia was last Sept. 11, 2011.  Was it coincidence that my seat number was also no. 11?  Well, I don't believe in coincidences.


The time I decided to write about my mystery number "11" and make it blogpost-worthy came when I encountered it 7 times that day.  (I should have titled this post "7-11", no?)  That morning, the first time I checked my cellphone watch, I saw  6:11 am;, timed-in at the office (digital finger-scan) at 7:11 am;  first instance to look at my computer clock at 11:11 am; 2nd instance at 1:11 pm; 3rd instance when I was preparing to get home and looked at my computer clock at 5:11 pm;  got home and looked at my cellphone clock at 7:11 pm.  Those instances were the only times that I checked out my cellphone clock.  Weird.  When I related that to my husband and daughter, they also couldn't make up the meaning of it, parang nonsense eh.  Husband advised me, "Itaya mo kaya sa lotto, baka manalo pa tayo."  Nyeh, pano kaya yun gawin 6 numbers for the lotto? 

There was a time I joined a contest where there were 100+ entries. My entry was among the 15 finalists chosen and my entry no. was no. 11.  I was so sure to win that contest because I thought my entry no. was a sign from God that I would win.  But, somebody else won the grand prize. Mali pala ang akala ko.             

Curious, intrigued, fascinated. I googled the meaning of no. 11 and found this (taken from  http://www.greatdreams.com/eleven/num11.htm):

Number Eleven possesses the qualities of intuition, patience, honesty, sensitivity, and spirituality, and is idealistic. Others turn to people who are 'Eleven' for teaching and inspiration, and are usually uplifted by the experience.  In systems such as Astrology and basic Numerology, eleven is considered to be a Master Number. Eleven can also represent sin; transgression and peril. Ten being the perfect number, eleven represents the exceeding of both. It is interesting to note that eleven when broken down ( 1+1=2) comprises the Two of duality. Number eleven is a master vibration and as such should not be reduced to a single number. People with this number could be both idealistic and visionary, and they are attracted to the unknown. They can be both unusual, interesting and magnetic personalities.
Eleven bring the gift of spiritual inheritance, is gifted as the "Light-Bearer". It is the number of the Light within all. Strengthened by the love of Peace, gentleness, sensitivity and insight. Greatest facility is the awareness of Universal relationship. Is related to the energy of Oppositions and the Balancing needed in order to achieve synthesis. Eleven is The PeaceMaker... Colours : Gold, Salmon, Prune, White and Black.

I don't believe in astrology or numerology. But, I would like to believe that my contantly seeing "11" is God's way of reminding me to be wary of sin and instead be a light-bearer everywhere I go.




No comments: