Thursday, May 22, 2014

20 Ways You Can Be The Best Friend Ever

As we grow older, our ideals when it comes to true friendship evolve. When I was young, my idea of a best friend is that "there could only be one" among my many friends that's why you call that friend the best.  I was so "by the book". Blame it on the comparative degree of nouns I was taught during grade school -- Good, Better, Best.  
  
I still remember the names of my 3 best friends -- one during pre-school, one during grade school and one during high school. Things changed when I got to college - I had many close friends and belonged to a group. We were a gang of 8. But before I had a group, I had one classmate whom I considered a "best friend".  Things again changed when I got into a corporate world.  I developed deep friendships along the way and considered certain officemates as my BFFs. Yes, I had different sets of BFFs, then. And I'm glad up to now, we still keep in touch. 
         
Just a month back on our way home, my husband and I were talking about friendships and best friends in general.  In the middle of our conversation, he paused and asked me who my best friend is.  I started to think and blurted out certain names but after a while, I stopped and said, "You."  My answer was what he wanted to hear. And then, he said, "You, too, are my best friend."
When I think about the qualities of a best friend, I couldn't help but think about Jesus, about God. He has been, not only a father, but a best friend to me, too. 

There are infinite ways we can be a best friend to someone but here, I listed 20 practical ways one can be the best friend ever.       

Be there...always.  
Encourage your friend to be the best that he/she can be.

Apologize when you make a mistake.  
 
Bring out the best in him/her. 
Ease each others' burden.
Share the truth in your heart.
Travel together as much as you can. 

Forgive. 
Reserve your most colorful and embarrassing insults for one another. 
Improve his/her life. 
Eat together as frequently as you can.
Never ever talk about your friend in a bad way or put him/her in a bad light.
Don’t set too many expectations and rules.
 
Find time to bond over things that you both enjoy doing.
Out-love your friend.  
Respect each others' individuality.

Listen, listen, listen.     
Indulge in all your guilty pleasures together and keep it a secret. 
Fuel each other's growth -- emotionally, intellectually and spiritually.    
Establish an open line of communication because a real friend calls.

BE A BEST FRIEND FOR LIFE!

Real friends talk to each other, update each other and is always available for one another. Communication is key.....      

“With GoUnli20, it’s now easy to call without a need for a prefix and it’s just P20 for unli calls, 15mb of mobile surfing, and 20 texts to all networks! Kaya if you need a friend, don’t call me, I’ll call you!”


 GoUnli20-National-720-x-720px-v4













No comments: