Friday, May 7, 2010

On Our Way to Subic's The Lighthouse Marina Resort

Our 3D2N Lighthouse Marina Resort adventure started last April 10, 2010.

Our baby Nala, carried by her yaya Lisa, saw us off as the car was leaving our garage. We knew we would miss her so much. It was our first time to leave her for 3 days at home with only yaya Lisa and Ate Nanet looking after her and my first time not to sleep beside her. After peppering her with kisses and bidding her our temporary 'goodbyes', the car took off. I felt a bit sad but, as we started to pray, my heart became at peace. I knew in my heart that God would take care of her, as though God was telling me not to worry at all. I also knew that God wanted us to enjoy this blessing of His. After all, Nala would still be too "baby" to remember and enjoy any of these out-of-town trips.

We left the house a little past 7 a.m. and arrived at Shell Select along NLEX where we stopped over for breakfast at around 8 a.m. We were suppose to eat at Jollibee but the lines were extremely long. So, I just opted to buy us coffee at Starbucks while Babes looked for a place to eat.

While waiting for our mocha frap and coffee jelly, Babes suddenly appeared with Jollibee longganisa and pancake meals on hand. Wow!



Enjoying our Jollibee meals in front of Starbucks


A Very Smooth and Convenient
Ride Along SCTEX
We entered SCTEX at 9:13 a.m. Travelling at an average speed of 140 km/hr., we reached Subic toll plaza at 9:50 a.m. 37 minutes!!! Whoa, if you don't call that fast, then I don't know what fast is! Even I was surprised with how smooth and convenient the ride was. Another nice thing that is worth mentioning is the cleanliness of the comfort rooms at the toll plaza. You just need to give some of your loose change as donations to the cleaning lady. The comfort rooms had no urine smell, the toilets and lavatories were really clean. I was impressed!

Travelling along SCTEX somehow reminded me of our road trip to Vegas years ago.




















I think this was the 2nd open road slicing into a mountain.

Marvelous!

We're now in Subic!
After doing some early morning grocery shopping of chips and cookies, we headed towards Meat Plus for lunch.


Lunch at The Meat Plus


Burger and fries combo for me and Noelle

Tenderloin steak for my hubby

Spaghetti and burger combo for Nisi

No comments: