Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tuning in to Playhouse Disney

I used to watch a lot of cable shows, especially during the time when I was bedresting. I recall crying over "One More Chance" starring John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo, even if I had watched it twice already. From the moment I would wake up until my sleeping time, our bedroom TV was tuned in to Lifestyle Network, ETC, HBO, Discovery Travel & Leisure, AFC, and other lifestyle and detective shows.

After I gave birth to our youngest daughter and went back to work after a 9-month hiatus, my TV viewing was cut down to the barest minimum. In fact, I only get to watch TV now at an average of 3.5 hours a week. I don't know the latest teleseryes, latest shows, latest commercial ads, upcoming celebrities, etc. I certainly have no clue which one is Mara and Clara or who the good girl is and the evil one in their telenovela. But, I do get my dose of showbiz chismis from online publications and some blogs I follow.

The only TV shows that I get to watch nowadays because of my little tots are those shows from Playhouse Disney Channel like WordWorld, Pororo, Timmy Time, Johnny and The Sprites, Jungle Junction, Angelina Ballerina and a lot more. I get to enjoy these shows with my tots. I sing with them, I laugh with them while watching. There were even times that I unconsciously just tune in to these shows when I want to watch TV, even when my tots are not with me.

I now love Timmy, the little lamb with a lot to learn;

Pororo, the cute little penguin;


and Basil, Ginger, Root & Lily of Johnny & The Sprites.


I have even memorized the theme song lyrics of many of the Playhouse Disney shows.



No comments: