Saturday, May 3, 2008

Aristocrat

432 San Andres cor. Roxas Blvd. Malate, Manila
524-7671

Date of Visit: July 2007

This place brings back so many special memories. I get a little nostalgic writing about this place. Our parents would often bring us here when we were still kids. The place may not be known by our youth of today but it’s the only restaurant I know that has survived the test of time. They have maintained the quality of their food and the affordability of their price.

Here is where you will find the inimitable Pork and Chicken Barbecue served with its signature yellow rice or Java Rice, atchara, and that famous, one-of-a-kind barbecue sauce. Their barbecues are the best!

Their Lumpiang Shanghai is also one of the best Lumpiang Shanghai but when I was still a kid, I would often ask my mom or dad to order Camaron Rebosado with the perfect sweet and sour sauce that goes with it. By the way, their barbecue sauce is now being sold in bottles so you can have your own “ala-ristocrat” barbecue meal right at the comforts of your home. But frankly, there’s nothing like eating Aristocrat barbecues in the restaurant itself. Maybe because for me, the restaurant has been a part of my childhood life. It’s like it has become an extension of our home.

Aristocrat is one of those restaurants that I will not tire of visiting over and over again just to satisfy my craving for pork or chicken barbecue. This place will always have a special place in my heart.

No comments: