Sunday, May 4, 2008

Razon's of Guagua

Ground floor, Greenbelt 1

Date of Visit: March 10, 2008

If you like your halo-halo with just the sweetened saba and shredded macapuno topped with leche flan then Razon’s halo-halo is the one for you. For me, it’s kinda “bitin” ‘coz I like mine with plenty of “halo”. I felt that paying Php75 for their halo-halo was a highway robbery! Although, I like their shaved ice (so finely crushed!) and the taste of the milk they used for the halo-halo. I heard they use carabao’s milk instead of just evaporated milk. I also tried their much-fussed-about pancit luglug at Php75/order. It tasted ordinary. The noodles were a bit fat and the sauce quite lacking in “sahog”. I still prefer Red Ribbon’s pancit palabok. The halo-halo and pancit luglug combination can be appreciated best during merienda time.

You have to “wait to be seated” though, when you happen to drop by during the lunch hours ‘coz the place is no more than 60 sq. m. (my guess). I observed that their servers could get a little confused because while attending to the orders of the other seated guests they still have to look for available seats for their standing patrons.

Their menu carries mostly Pinoy breakfast “--- silog” dishes and favorite merienda dishes like dinuguan with puto, fried lumpia, mais-con-hielo, and the like.

No comments: