Sunday, May 4, 2008

Kooky & Luscious

Ground Floor, Metrobankcard Building
6778 Ayala Avenue
, Makati
City

817-3577
Restaurant hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 7:00pm


Date of Visit: March 19, 2008

Kooky & Luscious along Ayala Avenue is my new favorite lunch hangout place. It has a casual & homey feel to it, like a friendly-neighborhood café.

They offer a relatively small menu but nevertheless interesting, creative and inventive. The service is efficient and attentive.

For those with a sweet tooth, like me, you will be tempted to try out their heavenly assortment of cakes and pies.

It was on my first visit that I indulged myself with their Brazo de Mercedes (Php65/slice). To say that it was delicious was an understatement. It was simply to die for! I even ordered 1 whole roll (Php550) as a birthday treat for myself. On my second visit, I knew I had to order their best-seller cake, Dementia (Php125/slice). It was addicting, I should say! Now I know why they named it Dementia. It’ll make you forget your diet! How about a slice of Alzheimer cake next time?

Their Caesar Salad (Php85) is definitely a must-try for Caesar salad-lovers, like me. It was what I had (plus a slice of cake) for lunch for 3 consecutive days.

Another must-try is their Chicken Salad Sandwich served with fries on the side (Php100). The chunky chicken slices complete with lettuce and tomatoes were served on a lightly toasted whole wheat bread. They also serve very good pasta dishes with servings that are good enough for sharing, such as, Scallop Seared Seafood (Php175) and Lemon Black Olive Tuyo (Php140). My recent visit got me to try their Maling & Egg Sandwich (Php35) simply because of curiosity and their Mocha Oreo Cake (Php75).

Luscious means rich, sweet, and delicious. I must agree 100% that Kooky & Luscious lives up to its name. This place is definitely worth a visit!

1 comment:

Blog said...

Appreciate your blog postt